photo courtesy of Rebecca Stuart
6th Riley takes Shoot Into Fall tournament championship!
Team wins its 2nd straight tournament after winning WTA School of Bball tournament.
Hard work in practices paying off in games - great work ladies!
Hoopaholics is Hiring - Camp, Lil' Dribblers, and Team Coaches
Five qualities that set Hoopaholics Coaches apart from the rest
1) Care about players as people first, then athletic success. Interact with players; positive role model
- COACHING SKILLS
- Teaches Fundamentals – proper mechanics and reinforcement through repetition
- Motivates athletes towards immediate and long-range goals.
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of various offensive and defensive systems
- Detail-Oriented - formulate practice plans, design drills for individual and team improvement
- Positive and encouraging leadership for players to exemplify
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
- Team supervision, maintaining appropriate discipline at practices and games
- Appropriate time commitment to program during season; is consistently punctual
- Communicates absence to proper substitute coach in timely manner (24 hour notice)
- Organizes effective and efficient practices; balances teaching, drilling, and game-like play
- Communicates frequently with team coordinator on practices, games, and other team logistics
- PROFESSIONAL RELATIONS
- Maintains good relations with players and parents
- Confidentiality - Keep appropriate info confidential and sensitive to rights of privacy, etc.
- Appropriate appearance/dress for all practices; expected to wear Hoopaholics gear for games
- PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Is genuinely enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Exercises fairness in dealing with players
- Maintains poise and composure during practice and games
- Exemplifies strong character and integrity
**Awareness of concussion protocol**
**Coach must pass background check**
**Hoopaholics does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, or sexuality.**
6th and JV Riley each go 4-0 and take the first tournament of the fall season! Congrats Ladies!
Jack Stephens, Hoopaholics Boys Player of the Season - Spring 2015
From Coach Eric Ensign: Over my twenty plus years of coaching youth, high school and college basketball, Jack is one of the most coachable players I have ever worked with. Jack is a leader on and off the floor. He is inspirational to others and helps his teammates become better players. Jack is a coach on the floor in practices and games. He helps his teammates learn drills and plays and he is ALWAYS positive. One of Jack's strongest attributes as a player is the way he acts on the floor and the way he treats his teammates. He always demonstrates good sportsmanship. When his teammates make a mistake he is encouraging. He shows them and tells them how to get better and do things the right way. When his teammates do well he tells them they've done a nice job. Jack also helps teammates become better outside of games and practices. Off the court Jack is a strong student as well.
Hoopaholics honors their Spring Awards recipients for Most Improved, Most Inspirational, Hoopaholics Award, Player of the Season, and Team of the Season. We congratulate all our players and coaches for a great season and look forward to more great work on the court this Fall!