8th Richards heads down to Oregon and comes back Portland Tournament Champions!
Congrats to Coach Richards and the squad!
5th Marques Blue Wins Jan and Charlie Classic Tournament Championship!
Team avenges last weekend's 20 point losses to beat Kamiak 32-30 in the tournament finale. Congrats Coach Marques and the boys!
photo courtesy of Rebecca Stuart
6th Riley takes Shoot Into Fall tournament championship!
Team wins its 2nd straight tournament after winning WTA School of Bball tournament.
Hard work in practices paying off in games - great work ladies!
Hoopaholics is Hiring - Camp, Lil' Dribblers, and Team Coaches
Five qualities that set Hoopaholics Coaches apart from the rest
1) Care about players as people first, then athletic success. Interact with players; positive role model
- COACHING SKILLS
- Teaches Fundamentals – proper mechanics and reinforcement through repetition
- Motivates athletes towards immediate and long-range goals.
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of various offensive and defensive systems
- Detail-Oriented - formulate practice plans, design drills for individual and team improvement
- Positive and encouraging leadership for players to exemplify
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
- Team supervision, maintaining appropriate discipline at practices and games
- Appropriate time commitment to program during season; is consistently punctual
- Communicates absence to proper substitute coach in timely manner (24 hour notice)
- Organizes effective and efficient practices; balances teaching, drilling, and game-like play
- Communicates frequently with team coordinator on practices, games, and other team logistics
- PROFESSIONAL RELATIONS
- Maintains good relations with players and parents
- Confidentiality - Keep appropriate info confidential and sensitive to rights of privacy, etc.
- Appropriate appearance/dress for all practices; expected to wear Hoopaholics gear for games
- PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Is genuinely enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Exercises fairness in dealing with players
- Maintains poise and composure during practice and games
- Exemplifies strong character and integrity
**Awareness of concussion protocol**
**Coach must pass background check**
**Hoopaholics does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, or sexuality.**